Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

American Girl Doll tie tutorial.




I made a sketch roughly kite shaped, 8" tall x 4" wide.


I used 1/2" Silky ribbon in gold and red.
I cut out using my sketch pieces wide 
enough to cover my sketch. 

I carefully stitched each piece of ribbon to the alternating color

keep stitching ribbons together until the entire pattern/sketch is covered.

 When all were stitched, I ironed them on the polyester setting until nice and flat.

Fold over at an angle and stitch down from top to bottom as shown.
BE SURE TO SEW WRONG SIDE OUT!!

I turned my tie back right side out and stitched a narrower
seam a couple times before I got the right width.
Then I trimmed off the excess ribbon.

turn tie right side out, tie should be about 1" to 1 1/2" wide.

 Tuck in the longest end.

Tuck in the opposite side and play with it until it looks like this.
(Sorry I can't be more specific, but this is a trial and error)
When it looks right press it!

 Tie should be about 1" to 1 1/2" wide.
At about the 5" mark, fold the tie over a thin piece of elastic.
  
 Fold over elastic
Bring around across front

so the front looks like this

Bring back around to back and add a stitch to hold tight, 





Tuck the remaining ribbon back down into the top of the tie.
I had to trim some of my tie to make it fit, but BE CAREFUL!

 Stitch the top closed to hold it together.
Trim the elastic to be long enough to tie around doll's neck.

And here is the finished tie!

No comments: