Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Jess's blog from Texas

Hi everyone, you'll never guess where I am typing this from!
TEXAS!
That's right, I am finally with my forever Mom.

Here I am just after I arrived.
It was strange at first being somewhere new.

But now it feels like home.
I like to sit and keep Mom company while she works.

That's right!  We are both bloggers!

 When we take a break I like to sit and look out
the window, there is this HUGE oak tree in my back yard..

I have 2 dogs now, Emma and Sukhi.
We like to snuggle on the couch, but they are blanket hogs.

 The dogs like to look out the front door, I'm not sure what for.

 Look at this cool fireplace!
I can't wait for cool weather so we can sit by the fire.

If you are wondering where Bedford, Texas is, 
it is kind of in the middle between...

Fort Worth and...
(this is the Fort Worth Stock Yards)

Dallas. 
(This is the Old Red Courthouse in Dallas)
Being in the middle of 2 big cities there is lots to do here.

I already told my Mom I want to go to the Fort Worth Zoo and...

The Dallas Aquarium.  I have heard both of these
places are amazing!

This is the Old Bedford School built in 1915
There are really no mountains in Texas like in California, but the sky
is SO big!  I can't explain it, it just looks bigger.

But Texas is a lot greener!
Texas has BIG thunderstorms and 
gets a lot more rain than California.

I miss all my friends in California, especially my friend Emma, 
but I am glad I am now a Texan.

Well, that's all for now, I gotta go and shop for some boots!

Take care Y'ALL!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy that you are settled in Texas. Hope you like the hot weather.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this post. The scene of Texas are lovely. Have a good time in your new home.
Marilyn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Marion, this is Jess. It is definitely hotter here, but I think I will like it.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Marion, I am glad I got to share my new home and all I'm learning about Texas, it's a great place. Jess.

Flo said...

Looks like she is settling in nicely. I like your new blog colors too!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Yes, she is settling in nicely. She and her mom want to have a regular update on the blog, which I think is great! And thanks regarding the blog colors. The previous pattern just stopped working for some reason, but it was fun creating something new. :)

Anonymous said...

I lived in Bedford as a kid and loved it!!! Can't remember the name of the elementary school but I did go to Harwood Junior High and my older sister went to Trinity High School! Not sure of the area anymore, I think they put up a freeway near one of them. But back in the day they were awesome! Have fun with the thunderstorms! That's what I miss the most! :)

Brenda and Sophie said...

I lived in Flower Mound, just about 20 min away from Bedford, but my dear Friend who is now Jess's mom lives in Bedford. Yes, the freeways around Bedford have been under construction since before I came to CA and that was 7 years ago!

Aunt Mimi said...

Glad you like Texas! The zoo was fun 20 years ago. You will enjoy it. Just watch for the misters used to keep humans cool on hot days. There are many cool things to do in our area. Get your mom to take you to the Texas State Fair and/or Canton Trade Days. Lots 9f things happen in the DFW area. Enjoy Texas. My girls do!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Sharon, I am hoping to go to the Fort Worth Zoo very soon. My California foster mom said it was so pretty and the walks were shady with lots of beautiful trees. I also want to go to the Texas State Fair and see Big Tex! I can't wait!