This is my Molly. Most of you know she came from a thrift store
and she was in pretty rough shape. She looked like she had
been sitting on a shelf gathering dust for years!
I have done a LOT of work on her hair over the years,
but it just didn't look good. It is SO dry.
You can see a big short clump that must have been cut at one time.
And I cut off about an inch of her hair
that I thought was hopelessly damaged.
I wish I had known then what I know now!
The older pleasant Co. dolls had such heavy bangs.
Truth be told, Molly looked like she had a mullet. sigh.
I shopped for doll wigs thinking maybe
I could give her a whole new look?
But, I couldn't do it. I needed a real 'Molly' wig,
Then I saw this ad on eBay for a genuine Molly wig.
It was uncut and still had shine.
It looked like it was in pretty good shape.
Still, I wasn't sure if I could do it!
BUT I DID!!
This was the hardest part - taking off Molly's hair!
It actually came off very easy which tells me it was holding on by a thread.
Here is the first try on. You can see how faded her eyebrows are, but
you couldn't tell before because they were covered up by those bangs.
Here she is after I painted some new brows.
Later I freshened up her lips and cheeks as well.
Look at Molly now!
The bangs are lighter and her face looks brighter.
I love her new hair!
Pretty in pink.
Before and After