Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Another OG Retro outfit!

I was at my local Target and saw this outfit on sale!
I have been eyeing it since my last retro outfit from OG,
so I really couldn't resist.

I also picked up this little "Got To Lava" retro set.  
It was on sale as well!
Mostly I wanted the lava lamp for our Julie.

I thought this outfit might look good on Molly.

I was right, I love it!

The yellow cat eye sunglasses are perfect.

Unfortunately, the sandal straps were too short to go around an
AG doll ankle. I tucked them behind on Molly, 
hmm, not very satisfactory.
The quality of these shoes is pretty nice by OG standards.
Red cotton fabric and hard plastic soles.

The lava lamp retro set came with a journal and pencil, 
a furry pillow, cat-eye glasses, and the lava lamp.
The lamp is supposed to glow in the dark, but haven't tested it yet.

Here is the lava lamp and journal on Julie's dresser.

I tried putting the lava lamp in different dark locations, but no glow!
Next, we'll see if it needs to charge under a light bulb.

April wanted to see if the shoes fit her - they did.

Even on her the strap barely reaches.

Skyler wanted to try them next.

I guess Molly needs some new red sandals?
Maybe we already have enough shoes?
NAH.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The outfit is terrific. It would be great for friends of Maryellen, too. Julie and the lava lamp are a match!

Flo said...

Great finds! Where did you get the clock on Julie's stand? That is adorable.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks DBU! I agree, I think that's what made me think of Molly. I know she from the 40s not 50s , but I think of her for vintage styles.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Flo. That is a mini travel alarm clock that I picked up early in our AG life. I added the little pink jewels - they're just stickers. I really don't remember where I got it.

vbennett said...

Aww I love that little lava lamp! It's so cute! I just adore the new OG retro sets. Great finds!

ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

Brenda Savage said...

Me too! I have one or two more outfits in my sights, not decided yet if I will get them. I couldn't resist the lava lamp set especially as it was on sale!

Julie Ann Newman said...

My friend Kim has a lava lamp like that in her room. And one of my diaries looks like that fuzzy pink one!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Julie! That is so cool! Well our Julie really likes her new lava lamp.

The AG Homeschooler said...

Molly and Julie have been nominated for the Sisters Award! Check out my blog, AG's Wondrous World, to see what they get to do. Congratulations!

Brenda Savage said...

Oh Thank you!! I am going to look for that now!

The AG Homeschooler said...

You're welcome! OK!