Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, June 09, 2017

Recent Thrift Finds

Let me start by saying that I have had some amazing finds lately!  I was reminded by Flo over at Say Hello to my Little Friends I had a pile of thrift finds I never shared. Let me start with this:

I found this little chair with some text, 
"Chairs are always good to have so friends can sit beside you."
How cute is that? This chair is definitely going in our kitchen.

Next I found an AG bike helmet.

This is a mini Fender guitar.
I'm not sure if it's a bird wing or a butterfly wing?


This is the third one I have found recently.
Julie claimed this for her own, I don't blame her.


Such nice detail.

Next I found this plate.  I thought it would look 
great in Kirsten's cabin.

I was right - it's adorable.

Yes, that's a Felicity Tea Table chair.

Can you believe it?  It had a few scratches, but
that didn't bother me in the least.

My very BEST find lately is not an AG item, but an
AMAZING vintage doll find.  
I JUST HAD TO SHARE!

She was in pretty rough shape when I found her
I know she is not much to look at, but look at her now!

She is a 1957 Madame Alexander Cissy doll.
Here is how I cleaned and restored her:

HAPPY THRIFTING EVERYONE!


6 comments:

Flo said...

Wow, oh wow! You found some excellent stuff!! I'm still floored at Felicity's chair, what a great bunch of things this time around. That plate is gorgeous and the scale is perfect.

Linda Reynolds said...

Wow, what great finds! I need to go thrifty shopping with you!! Lol. I recently found a doll sized washing machine, but other than that, I haven't found anything in ages!

Brenda Savage said...

I know Flo! I have had some amazing thrifting lately. When I saw the chair I thought, "Oh that looks like AG, but can't be..." When I turned it over and saw the sticker I was floored. I am very happy!

Brenda Savage said...

WOW Linda, I would love to find a doll-size washing machine - how cute would that be? Our Lowes had this little working machine to show how the full-size machine works. I asked how I could get one and they said they weren't for sale!!

vbennett said...

Wow! Those are great finds! I love what you did with the Cissy doll! She's so beautiful! I have found some pretty great stuff lately too. I am going to have to post about it soon. :)

ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

Brenda Savage said...

Yes you should! I am very happy with my Cissy. It is one of those amazing finds that I still can't believe.